GRC Columbia distinguishes itself by having management and trades persons who have dedicated themselves to the waterproofing industry for over 30 years. It is our knowledge and commitment to this specialized craft that enable us to provide our clients with the highest quality waterproofing services available.
Rubberized asphalt waterproofing (aka: hot rubber) is a monolithic, fully bonded roofing and waterproofing membrane commonly found in high-rise roofing, as well as parkade roof slab systems. The membrane is hot applied and then reinforced with a polyester fabric and protection board. Upon cooling the system can be built up in a variety of ways utilizing insulation, paving stones, Traditional ballast or vegetation. Rubberized asphalt remains the cornerstone of our waterproofing operations, due in part to the superior versatility and protection provided by hot rubber over other waterproofing systems.
Rubberized Asphalt waterproofing is available in a LEED compliant, green conscious product that contains 25% post-consumer recycled material.
Advantages of rubberized asphalt waterproofing
- Seamless application provides monolithic waterproofing.
- Maximum protection against freeze thaw cycles
- Bridges non-working cracks up to 1/16″ in width.
- Conforms to substrate irregularities.
- Full adhesion to deck restricts lateral water movement.
- Class A fire rating
- Leed compliant options (contains 25% post-consumer recycled materials)
- Immediate cure on cooling
- Self-seals minor punctures
- Can be applied at below-freezing temperatures
- Remains fully elastic through hot and cold cycles
- Suitable for installation onto non-sloped horizontal substrates
Other applications in which Rubberized Asphalt Waterproofing is commonly specified are: Tunnels, fountains, mechanical rooms, mud slabs, plazas, rooftop landscaped areas, and planters.
- Rubberized Asphalt Waterproofing
- SBS Waterproofing